Products You Can Trust. A Company You Can Believe In.
Mary Kay Ash founded her Company on the personal values that guided her life – integrity, honesty and an unwavering belief in the Golden Rule. She had one goal – to help women live the life of their dreams, and with a handful of products, she helped those dreams come true.
More than 40 years later, her principles live on in the more than 1.5 million Independent Beauty Consultants who make up the Mary Kay "family" worldwide – mothers, daughters, sisters and friends. The business that Mary Kay started with $5,000 in savings is today a multibillion-dollar Company that has earned the trust and loyalty of millions of women. We always have, and always will, proudly stand behind our products.
Product safety is our highest priority.
In a typical year, we spend millions of dollars and conduct more than 300,000 tests to ensure that Mary Kay® products meet the highest standards of safety, quality and performance.
- Scientific experts not only assess every individual ingredient but also every finished product. This rigorous testing, and retesting, is performed or supervised by members of our Research and Development laboratories, including Ph.D.s and other advanced-degreed or degreed scientists in such areas as toxicology, pharmacology, microbiology, chemistry and biochemistry.
- Every product decision is based on scientific fact, not opinion. At Mary Kay Inc., we rely on proven scientific research utilizing the most advanced technologies available, and we will not use any ingredient until our testing has proven it safe and effective for use.
- Because impartial evaluation of products is vital, we conduct clinical testing in independent laboratories where volunteers use Mary Kay® products under strict supervision and evaluation by independent board-certified dermatologists and ophthalmologists.
- We also conduct extensive laboratory testing to ensure against skin irritancy and allergy, and we use state-of-the-art methods to evaluate all products to be used in the eye area.
- All skin care and cosmetic products are regulated by governmental health and safety authorities, and before any product can be offered for sale, it must pass stringent government safety requirements. As a matter of principle, Mary Kay Inc. regularly goes beyond what is required by law when it comes to product safety.
Dermatologists and other medical experts
play a vital role in product development.
Mary Kay Inc. has developed alliances around the world with leading dermatologists and ophthalmologists in academic medicine and private practice, and these specialists serve as key advisers to our research scientists. As a sign of our strong commitment to these relationships, the Company has funded an endowed Chair of Dermatology at one of the most respected medical research institutions, the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. In addition, we offer ongoing support to other renowned institutions, including the Dermatology Foundation and the Skin Cancer Foundation.
We listen to what women want.
As part of our ongoing commitment to ensure that Mary Kay® products consistently meet or exceed consumer expectations, every year thousands of women use and evaluate Mary Kay® products worldwide, under the direction of consumer science experts, to help the Company better understand the benefits women want from the products they use.
Innovation can happen anytime, anywhere.
From Latin America to Europe, from Asia to our own Mary Kay laboratories, there are no geographic barriers when it comes to delivering the products that women want. Our scientists, engineers and marketing staff collaborate with industry technical experts, premier ingredient vendors and university research scientists around the world so that Mary Kay® products reflect the most advanced and effective technologies, including innovative packaging that can lead to enhanced product performance. We believe that only by exploring every ingredient option, including botanical extracts, can we consistently deliver the safest, most innovative products that will give consumers the breakthrough benefits they want.
Meeting consumer needs worldwide.
To meet the needs of the Mary Kay independent sales force wherever they are in the world, we have two state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities, one near our Company headquarters in Dallas, Texas, and the other in Hangzhou, China.
- Our U.S. facility produces some of the world's most popular skin care and color cosmetic products. As an FDA-registered drug manufacturing plant, we are able to produce and distribute products classified as over-the-counter drugs, such as sunscreen.
- In China, our manufacturing plant has been designated an ISO 9001 facility, a prestigious recognition of our Company's commitment to meet the highest quality standards in the world. For a cosmetics company to earn this honor, alongside those from the aerospace and automobile industries, is further assurance of the unique position we hold and of our quality and safety commitment to you.
- In addition, Mary Kay Inc. has developed trusted alliances with suppliers around the world to ensure that we are ready to produce and deliver products wherever they're needed. There is one Mary Kay standard by which all Mary Kay® products are judged which assures customers that no matter where a Mary Kay® product is manufactured, it meets the highest standards of quality, safety and performance.
Mary Kay does not support animal testing.
Mary Kay is committed to the elimination of animal testing and is a strong advocate of utilizing alternative methods to substantiate the safety of our ingredients and products. We do not conduct animal testing on our products or ingredients, nor ask others to do so on our behalf, except when absolutely required by law. For more than two decades, we have been a global leader in helping to develop alternative testing methods for product safety. This commitment continues today, in partnership with global regulatory agencies that manage cosmetic safety, with animal advocacy groups and with leading animal alternative researchers in an effort to gain global acceptance of these new approaches.
We stand behind our products
with a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee.
Consumers who use Mary Kay® products are among the most loyal in the world because Mary Kay® products are safe, effective and deliver the benefits they want. Mary Kay Inc. stands behind its products sold by Independent Beauty Consultants. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with any Mary Kay® product, it will be replaced without charge, exchanged or the full purchase price refunded following its return to your authorized Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant. If she is no longer active, it can be returned to the Company with proof of purchase.